Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Crib Solutions

Remember the woes of our poor crib? Its only gotten worse. Now Sam is gnawing pieces of wood out of the crib. At least he is getting some extra fiber in his diet. At this point I am pretty sure it is a deliberate act of defiance because when I go in to his room to get him after his nap, all I have to do is point to the freshly gnawed wood and he instantly starts crying and burrows his head into my shoulder. Anyways, I decided it was time for action. After perusing a lot of fabric, I couldn't quite find what I wanted. It was either too thick, too heavy, too light or not the right shade. My type A side likes it when things are matchy matchy. The other night I had an epiphany! What if I used a few of the receiving blankets that coordinate with Sam's bedding. Receiving blankets are soft and cute, but lets face it, they are useless when it comes to swaddling. I'll follow this up later with a detailed step-by-step instruction guide. Right now, Sam's awake. Gotta run!

No comments: