Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daddy Time


What is it about men, recliners and remotes? Sam was happy as a clam sitting in the recliner with Daddy watching TV. And I'm pretty sure they were watching something on PBS or the Discovery Channel. I think it was a documentary about sharks. Both Sam and Pedro were fascinated by it. Sure, the discovery channel is interesting, but men get SO into it.

This picture is from about 2 months ago and Sam is much skinnier now. All the climbing, crawling and "walking" has really thinned him out. He looks more like a little boy and less like a chunky monkey. There is no way that he would ever sit still for this long anymore. He is keeping me on my toes. I'm pretty exhausted by the end of the day, but its all fun. For example, last week, he pulled himself up on the toilet and put his hand in it. Ick! We have to be vigilant about keeping the lid down at ALL times. He is trying hard to figure out how to push down the flush mechanism. Thankfully he hasn't discovered the joys of toilet paper yet. I have a feeling that isn't far off though?

Then on Monday, he pulled himself up on a little tray table we keep by the back door. It is usually home to wallets, purses, keys, mail and Sam's fav--the baby monitor. For some reason he is obssessed with them. He makes a bee line for the baby monitor in our bedroom every chance he gets. He will take off down the hall and go right for it EVERY time. I don't get it. Anyways, back to the table. He pulled himself up on the table to get to the baby monitor. My back was turned--of course. I think I was folding laundry. All of the sudden, I heard a huge crash. He had pulled the entire table and all of its contents onto himself. Luckily, the table isn't heavy and it comes apart, so no one was hurt. But it served as a reminder that I can't turn my back for even a second. Even when I'm in the same room with him and only two feet away. As soon as I picked him up, gave him some hugs and comforted him, he wanted to get back down so that he could crawl right back to the table AGAIN. BOYS! Its never a dull moment.

Another thing, I've taken everything off all of our end tables, but the other day he was trying to pull the lamp off the table. He had it by the cord and was trying to crawl away with it? Am I supposed to get rid of the lamps too? What's next?

No comments: