Monday, March 16, 2009

He really showed us who's boss.

It seems like we "take two steps forward and two steps back" all the time. (Thanks Paula Abdul for that song.) Last night Sam slept for 12 hours straight without waking up. It was wonderful! I think the last time I slept so well was before I was pregnant. I even woke up at 5:45 and had to go to his room to make sure he was ok before I could fall back asleep. Usually Sam naps pretty well and it doesn't take long for him to fall asleep. He was put down for his morning nap at 9:30am today. He was pretty ticked off (because Daddy was still home) and cried for an hour before he finally fell asleep. During this process, I had to sit in the living room and listen to him throw his teethers out of the crib one by one. He finally fell asleep and slept for almost 2 hours. When he woke up, I walked into his room and saw THIS:

At first, I thought that Sam had puked or gotten snot all over his bed, but then I looked closer and realized that he had GNAWED and CHEWED the finish off his bed. AAAAHHHH!
He has SUCH a beautiful bed:

(Thanks Aunt Jill)
We love it because it will convert to a toddler bed and then a full size bed, but maybe not. Maybe he'll chew through it before his first birthday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is nuts! My teeth hurt just looking at it. Looks like you got a puppy and a baby at the same time. :)

Anonymous said...

OMG! His poor teeth!