Friday, February 5, 2010

Starting something new........

Dear Blogland,

Sorry for neglecting you. I have been a little busy. District Solo and Ensemble is coming up and I have 8 students going so the past couple of weeks have been a little hectic and crammed full of evening lessons. I have 18 students this year and I think that has been a little too many. I am planning to pare that down to piano students and students going on to State S&E ONLY starting next week. With 10 weeks left of this pregnancy and a busy little toddler, I am exhausted.

However, I have found time to start an additional blog somehow. I got frustrated with the lack of good blogs and online resources for gestational diabetic women so I created my own cooking blog. We'll see how this goes. The recipes I have made so far have all been delicious and Pedro doesn't feel the least bit deprived. Neither do I. You can check out the new blog www.theaccidentaldiabetic.blogspot.com.

Everything is going well so far. My blood sugar levels have been great and my doctor says I can now test once a week, twice a day. The baby is measuring exactly where he should be and is head down. V for VICTORY! We have an ultrasound coming up in about a week and a half. I am looking forward to seeing some 3-D pictures of this little guy. Samson looked exactly like his ultrasounds. And speaking of Samson, I better go see what he is up to. It's a little too quiet suddenly.

1 comment:

wallacead said...

Hi Julie!
I too was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Which was a shock not only to myself but to my physician as well. I had to meet with a nutritionist who came up with a daily diet which consisted of carb counting. I didn't have to eliminate sugar all together I just had to count my carbs. I found that I couldn't drink milk in the morning. It would make my sugar rise a lot. I had to check my sugar 4 xs a day. I wish I had some good recipes for you, but we really ate most of the things that we ate before I was diagnosed. Just not as much. Like I said, I had to carb count and that in turn kept my sugar levels right on track. Good Luck! ~Amber Wallace