Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Oh American Idol!

I really look forward to the beginnning of the American Idol season because I LOVE to watch the auditions. Especially, the bad ones. (Simon Cowell is my favorite judge.) No one can EVER top the panther man (Check him out on youtube) but, last night did not disappoint. Once the auditions are over, I usually stop watching. One of my favorites was the very first person to audition. She said she had spent the last two years playing the American Idol video game and had finally mastered it so she was ready to audition. WHAT? She was shocked when everyone told her no and said that everyone who heard her told her how good she was! WHAT?? Why would you encourage someone who can hardly carry a tune in a bucket to go on national t.v. and embarass themselves?? Although, I guess Pedro and I aren't any better since we love to watch them and laugh.

I have made yogurt several times now and it turns out great every time. Monday I decided to experiment a little bit and see if I could make custard-style yogurt. It worked!! After my yogurt was done, I took a packet of raspberry flavored gelatin and mixed it with one cup of boiling water. Then, I mixed three cups of yogurt in with it. If I had had frozen rasberries I would have added those also. I put it in the fridge overnight and when I woke up the next morning it had firmed up just like the little cartons of Yoplait. Yum! A healthy dessert.

No comments: