Friday, January 15, 2010

Jeremiah 29:11

My doctor called today to tell me I have gestational diabetes. I sat on the floor and cried after we got off the phone. Sam gave me lots of hugs and kisses and I still cried. Pedro called and I still kept crying. Pregnancy hormones, I will not miss you. Eventually the crying stopped and then I just sat there and felt MAD. I eat healthy, I take care of myself, and I do NOT want to poke myself multiple times a day. Yuck! Then I got over my little pity party and realized how blessed we are to be parents of (soon-to-be) two sweet little boys. I have been blessed to be able to get pregnant easily and feel great during it. I refuse to let this rob any of the joy I feel about our new little boy.
Jeremiah 29:11 came to mind "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." And also Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." It's amazing how quickly the word of God can bring peace.

It looks like the Accu-check compact plus and I will be good friends for the next 3-4 months. Maybe I will have to poke my finger and give up chocolate for a while, but its small price to pay for the happiness of adding another little life to our family.

3 comments:

T. Napier said...

Aww Julie! Hang in there! Keep up the positive attitude. I'll be praying for you! Love.

Anonymous said...

You will handle it just fine. There are many things that could be worse and in the big picture, this is just a minor speed bump on the way to Levi arriving. And if Rex can do it, so can you. And you can make up for the chocolate after Levi arrives. :) love you! Aunt Janet and AZ Dad Rex

MOM said...

All of us have health issues we have to make peace with. I have to remind myself that we are not plastic, we're fragile beings trying to constantly keep the scales tipped to the positive. You can do it Julie! And remember, you are not alone....