Friday, April 17, 2009

Food Fight



Now that my little guy is starting to eat real food, he wants less of the baby variety. He loves his puffs, yogurt melts, diced fruits and veggies, zwieback toast, crackers, mashed potatoes, cheese, meat sticks and basically whatever Pedro and I are eating. Yesterday, he ate all my yogurt. I think I got one bite.
He has now decided that when he has to eat something requiring a spoon, he wants to feed himself. Haha, what a mess, I mean blast, that is. I put a little of whatever he is eating on the tray and he tries his very hardest to get it on the spoon and into his mouth. Usually while he does this I sit next to him with a spoon and a bowl and help the process along. Today he decided that he wanted to feed ME. Every time I gave him a spoonful, he would mash his spoon into the gunk on his tray and push it into my mouth. Mmmmmmmm, there is nothing quite as tasty as chicken and apple puree with a side of baby slobber, but it was sweet and since I went through 9 long hours of labor and a c-section, I think I'll keep him.

No comments: